Repurposing Magnets


Ran across Ali Edwards blog last week about repurposing old magnets that you were tired of. Long story short, the post showed how to use your used up gift cards (ie. starbucks, walmart, etc.) cover them with paper or fabric and then glue an old magnet to the back. You then have a brand new magnet. It's genius. How come I never thought of that before?

I forwarded the blog posting to my friend Kelley, told her she was in charge of finding the old/used up gift cards and to come over on Friday night. We had such fun creating and laughing and of course drinking wine! Here are my 2 creations from Friday night. I should have taken pictures of hers too. Her's were great!


I also created this little doozie. Kelley had some unwanted round magnets w/ these pebble type stones on them. I took the back off and was left with just the pebble. I then took a Heidi Swapp clock, used some crystal effects on the back of the pebble and glued it down. I cut the back off of a brad, placed it through the arrow and used crystal effects to glue both of those down. I set the time on the clock for about 4:30 which is when I get off of work. Once it was all dry, I used some gold paint type stuff on the edges of the clock and a little on the pebble. Then I glued a magnet to the back of the clock and I have a very unique magnet.


In addition, Deanna came over last night and scrapped with me. I ended up creating this darling layout with some Pinecone Press papers. I made the lo without any pictures in mind. I started flipping through my pics and found this one of Ace from when he was about 6 months old. It fit perfectly with the colors. I love my boy!

I also created one last magnet. This one was a glass marble for making magnets with from my lss. I traced the marble and hand cut the paper. Poured some crystal effects (also called diamond glaze) on the marble, added my paper and sort of squeezed out the extra glaze which I then rubbed on the back. I let it dry over night. Today I added some more crystal effects to the back to adhere the magnet and added some self adhesive pearls to the front to accent the bird cage. I really like how it turned out (especially since I don't care for birds!).

Have a creative week!
1 Response
  1. Sophia Says:

    Sorry about the delay, the Inspiration on Shabby Chic at Pebbles, was taken from these pics here...

    http://shabbychicblog.com/

    ENJOY!!!