My Little Monster Acrylic

I love how some people can look at a layout and somehow turn it into something completely different. I started with this layout by Tami Sanders on Wednesday. I had most of the papers and even emailed her for the template for the handcut "monster" lettering. I got home all jazzed to duplicate the layout, glanced at my stock of monster papers, started sketching, and then had to run errands. I didn't get very far...


Today I decided that I was making this page. Too bad I didn't have everything I needed. Plus, I'm all about improvising a little now and again, and sometimes it just takes an image to jump start your own creativity. I started moving some papers around after work today and tried to sketch this out again. It ended up taking on a life of it's own and I had no control. Here's what I created AND I EVEN PUT PICTURES ON IT!!!
It is actually 2- 8x8 acrylic sheets held together with baby blue O-Wires and the holes from my trusty Bind It All. The striped and dotted papers are on the back of the acrylic and the pictures are matted on top of the acrylic. That way I could hide the adhesive used for taking the under side pages down.
Well- off to clean my scrap table. Tomorrow's another day and I have a new project to get down to work on! Need to think patriotic with stars and stripes....
0 Responses