Valentines Decor- oh my!

I've been busy getting ready for Valentines Day! It's not my favorite holiday, but the thoughts surrounding it are fun. My husband and I always go out to dinner the day before to avoid the masses of people out for the 14th, and also, it's cheaper to not have to order off their one item menu's. Ok enough about the down side of the day... and now on to my decorations!

Since I'm such a little paper crafter- I figured I better decorate my entry way for the lovely day. I bought these darling letters at Michael's for $1.99 a piece. I wanted the larger ones, but of course, they were out of the "L"... figures. That's okay. These worked out just fine! They are about 5" tall. So I bought them and put 'em by the front door. They were cute, but just not cute enough.

Yesterday, I met Dee at Craft Warehouse for a little girl time, and boy did I need it! After all day with a cranky 3 year old, I was ready for some quiet time (aka shopping). Dee and I perused the store, aisle after aisle. Putting things in our carts, taking them out again, just to put them back in. I found the cutest papers by Making Memories, Love Struck. Something about it just caught my eye. I'm not sure if it's because it felt a little vintagey to me, or it was just ultra cutesy, but I decided that I had to have them. 3 sheets, $2.40. Not too bad. All I could think about was altering the LOVE letters with this paper. I LOVE how they turned out! Don't you! Oh they are SO CUTE, way more so in person, than the pictures, but oh well, this will have to do! For only $11.00- I think it's pretty awesome!

Ok so I wasn't done there, this paper was just calling to me! I had bought a random $3.00 frame from Wal-mart a few weeks ago. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it, but just staring at this paper and trying to be creative, I came up with THIS! I removed the glass, glued my background paper onto the back part of the frame (it folds down) and started placing pieces on it. The glitz in the corners are actually brads that I just broke the prongs off of, and a chandelier crystal hangs from the center. Oh and the Cupid is actually Tim Holtz Grunge Board. I painted it a light cream then sprayed Latte and Silver Glimmer Mist on it once it was dry. Isn't it cute! Oh my entry way just looks so festive!

Just wait til you see what I created TODAY! Happy Crafting!

0 Responses